Monday, January 7, 2013

Adios 2012, Buenos Dios 2013

Holy shitballs!! Where did 2012 go?? I can't believe there is a new year upon us. A fresh, new, exciting, bursting with opportunities year, fresh for the picking. Who am I kidding?, I am just trying to believe my own hype and try and get pumped up for the year that awaits us because quite frankly, I have spent my Summer holidays lounging around on the couch with my beloved boys (both fury and non), watching Dexter, cooking lots (ice cream, in particular ice cream sandwiches, are my new obsession), watching cooking shows, a few beach jaunts (but not too many as i am the original lilly white kid who burns in 3 seconds flat. I'm so white I burn just thinking about the sun.) and thats about it. But most importantly I have tried really hard to take a proper break from my work and not think about it. (Although some nights as I lie there trying to sleep in this sweltering heat my mind starts racing and tries to freak me out...)

So in preparation of going back to work, I always like to do a recap of what I achieved in the year and try and make myself feel good about what I did accomplish and get me ready for the next challenges.

Here goes.....

Number 1 and perhaps the big wig of the year....I got married!!!
It was so amazing. Full of colour, beautiful flowers, delicious food and drinks, gorgeous family and friends. I can honestly say the week leading up to and of was the best week of my life. Hands down! I kind of wish I could do it all again. Maybe for our one year anniversary?.....!

Number 2 moved back to Melbourne.


Number 3 travelled to Japan to study Ikebana (swiftly after number 2 I might add)


Amazing. Beyond amazing. I love Japan so much, I got to hang out and soak it up and even share it with my sister, mum and aunty, how lucky am I. I look forward to using what I learnt in my work this year. I'm not exactly sure how its going to happen but i just know that it is inevitable that it comes out somehow. This trip had been put off for an entire year and it was just incredible to see all my planning, tears, frustration and joy come to fruition. Finally!

Number 4 received a scholarship travel to Seattle to take a class at Pilchuck from Karen Willenbrink-Johnsen.


Talk about mind blowing! Not only was I lucky enough to go to Pilchuck with two of my beautiful friends but these two ladies were also my fellow associates at the JamFactory. It was amazing to be able to share that experience with them. I feel so lucky! Pilchuck was so crucial for me at that time. It really reignited my passion in glass. It was so awesome to see different people doing different things in glass. I always wanted to go to Pilchuck but as time wore on I kind of told myself that I didnt need to go. I am so greatful to have recieved a scholarship to attend. It challenged me in everyway possible and the rewards have only just begun.

Number 5 got to see a Chihuly exhibition in the FLESH!!!



Number 6 had my honeymoon in NEW YORK CITY!!!!


Number 7 made a shit load of bonsais.


Number 8 made a whole bunch of Cacti.


Number 9 rediscovered my love of cooking.


Number 10 started on a brand new body of work.


Legs Eleven, participated in the Design Files Open House.


So yeah, I guess I did some stuff this year! Don't get me wrong there has been some crazy downs tossed in there too, but on the brink of a new year I always like to focus on the good stuff i did and that makes me think, kid, youre all right.


So thanks so much for taking the time to read. I hope you have some good doins under your belt too and feel pretty chuffed with yourself too. Because if you don't who will right? 

So seeya 2012, 2013 lets get it on.

P.s. stay tuned I have some very excited announcements for 2013!!








No comments:

Post a Comment