Monday, August 6, 2012

Slow and steady



Slowly, slowly, slowly I try and find my feet. Probably half my problem is I am impatient and want everything now. Maybe the other half is I can be quite hard on myself (but if I'm not who will?). I have been working nearly everyday at my pay the rent job which I really like but I like being in the studio more...but, I have to keep reminding myself to look at the bigger picture, to remember that this is just laying the foundation.

So our new house has an enormous room at the front which is going to be my studio space. It's awesome. I love it. Look at my studio assistant. He loves it too. I have such grand plans for making it lovely. At the moment it's a bit trashy. But thats ok too.

So coming back off the massive effort that was team bonsai, we hopefully have some happy stockists. My latest stockist to come onboard, which I am more than happy about is "Modern Times"

Modern Times are a super rad crew who run a pop up shop on Smith Street. They pair delectable danish style furniture with beautiful contemporary art. While the lease may be temporary, they have been there for quite awhile and just received an extension so to celebrate they have some new artists (me!!) under their belt and will be doing a little launch on Thursaday the 16th of August. There will be art, there will be furniture, there will be wine and there will be beats! I am really excited and if you are in Melbs you should be too!

I got to meet the lovely Amy who runs the space and I really like her thinking, I like busting out of that gallery scene and displaying the work more like it would be if it were in YOUR home. That is how I like to think my work sits. I want it to be lived with, to be loved and not to be squirrelled high up in the china/no touching cabinet.

My goal this year is to expand on my bonsai. I want bonsai in more stockists. I want bonsai in more homes. I want bonsai in photo shoots. I want to think about bonsai in an online shop. I want bonsai to be absolutely rocking it by this time next year. I want to think about streamlining, about lighting, about colour, about killin' it. Yeah.

I wish I could show you some more pics but my computer is being a douche and not letting me upload any more. Thanks, thanks alot. This won't go unforgotten when bonsai world domination hits and all of a sudden someone is looking to upgrade....


1 comment:

  1. Omg Amanda! You have been saying Bonsai! I thought you were saying Bongalie... This makes waaay more sense! Congratulations on getting your beautiful pieces at Modern Times :) Rach x

    ReplyDelete